Tuesday, April 7, 2015

A to Z Book of Me Challenge D is for Development

Development.... as a person... in my Genealogy...

As a person , I hope that as I get older I can develop more love, more
compassion, we all need more of those.
As I've got older and look back, I can see how I've changed... some for good, and
others.... well....lets just say, there's still some work to be done.  :)
A work in progress...

In Genealogy... although I don't know it all, I can see that I've come a long way.
When I first started , I had my name and my dad's... I had my mum's name
on my birth certificate, but knew nothing about her, and nothing about that
side of the family.

When I found my mum and learned about that side of my family, I think
that's when my interest really grew.
I was already very interested in Genealogy, but finding that part of
my family, made me feel in a way... complete.

The more I found out... the hungrier I felt for more information.

On my dad's side, I found something out about my Great Grandfather
( David McGowan ).  I knew when he died, but I didn't know how..
Then The Greenock Telegraph ( the local newspaper ) did an article on the
Grandfather of someone, who worked at the Mill . Someone had fallen into
the machine, and they needed someone to go in and retrieve the body.  The young
man who did it was the Grandfather of  the man in the article.... the man who fell
in the machine, was my Great Grandfather.... it was 1908.

It saddened my heart to know how he died...

It was another part of my development in my Family History... gathering as much information as I can... I'm still developing in my research, but I've come a long way from when I
first started...

No comments:

Post a Comment