Friday, January 24, 2014

The Book of Me..... Written by You.... Prompt 22

This week's prompt is - Daily Routine(s)

Do you have a daily routine?
Did your parents? Grandparents?
Why did they (or you ) have this routine?
Where did this routine take place?
Structure - Is this important to you? or your family?
 
What a hard prompt... hoping that I have something to write about.. I'm not
really sure what to write, but here goes :)
 
I don't actually know about my Grandparents daily routine.
I guess one routine my Gran had was going to church... she went
every Sunday, and if there was something going on mid week,
she went to that also... She attended The Elim church in Greenock.
My Grandmother Catherine Greves ( Newman )
 
This is the Elim Church..
 
My Gran was my dad's step mum, but the only mum he knew... she was lovely.
I don't know about my Grandad or about my other Grandparents
 
My dad and I lived with my Gran and Grandad after he and my mum broke up, we
moved from Dundee to Greenock, so because of this, I was close to my gran.
I always felt her love, and I'm sure because of her , that's the reason going to
church is important also to me... could that be considered a routine ?
 
Because I also didn't grow up with my mum, I also don't know any routine's of her.
Because I'm not exactly sure about what I'm supposed to write about, I'm
just going to write what comes first in my mind.
This is my step mum Bridget Keyes ( Newman ).. she was
called Bridie..
 
As far as routine's go.. before she went to bed, or went out somewhere, she had
something that she did routinely.
She had to go to the stove and turn the knobs to make sure they were all off.
she didn't do it once, she did it a few times.
I think she was afraid that if she didn't check, she would have forgotten
to turn one or more of them off..
 
I also kind of have a routine like her.. only mine is before I go to bed,
I make sure the phone is on the charger, and check both doors to make sure they are
locked... :) I don't go to bed, till I have done this..
 
Is structure important to me?  
It sure is... we all need structure in our lives.
It tells a lot about " US "
It tells our " Life Story ".. we are always updating our story
with our life experiences.
That is why I do this blog... I want my posterity to get
a sense of " me " my life, our family... their family..
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment