Friday, January 10, 2014

The Book of Me...... Written by You... Prompt 20

This week's prompt is  - The feeling of home

Home means different things to different people, so this week we are going to explore what it means to us
  • What does it feel like?
  • How do you recognise it?
  • What makes it home - people, place, time

The feeling of home... what does it feel like ?  It feels warm, cosy, it has the feel of belonging..  Have you ever been away, and when you come back, you can almost feel your body sigh, because you're back where you belong.
Home is where I start and end my day , its where I feel comfort, where I feel safe.
I have often been told that my home feels comfortable, and that makes me happy, because that is how I want someone to feel when they are here.

How do I recognise it ?
Its a feeling.. isn't it ?  The " knowing " you're there.. I also recognise it by the sights and sounds... as soon as I get to my neighborhood, I know I'm " almost there "..
As we drive up our street, and turn the corner, we push the garage door opener and drive in.
We get out, get out our house key and open the door... there is my kitchen, that I love so much. I can hear my son in his room, where he spends most of his time.

What makes it home ..... my husband , my son and I... our students... our family when they come over... the children I take care of ( its a home away from home for them ).  Love also makes it home... togetherness. ...  me cooking in the kitchen, preparing dinner... my husband relaxing on the couch watching TV... so many things make it home..
Home is where my heart is... my family

I also want to mention another home for me.... Scotland... its the land of my birth

 
Even though where I live now is Home for me... its where my family are...
Scotland still runs through my veins , and will also still be Home
I also have family there
My heart will always be in 2 places... maybe that is hard for you to understand
but... it makes perfect sense to me
 
 


2 comments:

  1. I love that you added this song at the end! I want to do the same, with your permission? A wonderful post and yes, I do understand your feelings and having two homes! Loved your post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh... you don't need my permission... I just got it from You tube :)
      Thanks so much for your kind words x

      Delete