Friday, January 17, 2014

The Book of Me.... Written by You.... Prompt 21

This week's prompt is Hobbies...

Childhood hobbies & collections
  • Did you share a "passion" with a family member or friend?
  • Tell us about it - How, why, where
  • Do you still have any old hobbies - the ones that have been with you since childhood?
  • Do you still have those childhood collections?

  • To be honest, I don't remember having really any hobbies... playing outside..is that
    a hobby ??  hehe
    I do remember that even then I used to like making lists of things... for example..
    I would write down girls names or boys names that I liked.. I would write down
    things I wanted to accomplish... that kind of thing... and yes I am still like that today.
    I usually write a list of the chores I want to get done, or a menu list ... you get
    the picture.. :)

    Something that I remember doing / collecting was Scraps or Motters... these are the same thing, just different name for them.

    I'm not sure , but I think it was just something we did in Scotland,
    We had Cherubs,
     
     
    We would try to collect the whole set.. from the big ones to the small ones.
    They were kept in a book, and each set were kept between the pages of the book.
    We would swap them with our friends... the ones you wanted to swap, you would keep
    above the pages, so your friends would know, that's the ones you had
    2 or 3 of, and were willing to swap.

     
    There were the baby ones like these, but my favourite were the glittery ones,
    or the bride and groom ones.
    I don't have these childhood collections now... but I really wish I did.
    Thinking about this has brought back some happy memories... of friends,
    of fun, and of good times......

    No comments:

    Post a Comment