Tuesday, July 22, 2014

The Book of Me.... Written by You.... Prompt 45

This week's prompt is - Comics and Annuals

Like many children I whiled away hours reading comics and looking forward to the Christmas annuals that "Santa" bought with a degree of regularity.

So this week a trip down memory lane.
Share the names of the comics and annuals - your favourites, special characters, memories
Pop along to a popular on-line auction site and see what the annuals and comics of yesteryear sell
for!

I am trying to remember... the older I get, the harder it is to remember everything
from my younger life.
Here are a few of the Annuals that I do remember getting.

Oor Wullie... I have some here that I was sent after I came to Canada.
I love reading Oor Wullie, I love reading the language, and even today it
still makes me smile.

Its about a Scottish boy, and the antics he would get up to.
He always sat on his bucket.
Our Wullie was a comic strip in the paper, and I don't know anyone who didn't like it.
 
Also.. The Broons
its about a Scottish family. and the happenings in
families.. and the love also.
My favourite was Maw Broon, and The Wean..
Hen Broon was sooooo tall :)
I also have some Broons annuals.
 

 I remember getting  The Bunty
and also Diana
Usually at Christmastime, I would get one or two of these books.
I wish I could remember the others... for some reason I keep thinking there is one
called Sparkle, but I can't seem to find anything online..
Ahhhh... I remember another one, it was called Judy

My favourites were Bunty, Oor Wullie and The Broons..
Looking online, they aren't too expensive to get now... between 5 and 8 quid ( pounds )
I don't have the pound symbol on my computer :)

I thought it was great as a kid to get these annuals... no electronics back then...

No comments:

Post a Comment