Sunday, February 23, 2014

The Book of Me... Written by You... Prompt 26

This week's prompt is - Technology
  • What technology changes did your ancestors see?
  • What technology changes have you seen?
  • Did your family own one of those early changes? - such as television
  • Do you like or dislike technology?
  • What do you think has been the best technological change in your lifetime and historically?
Well, it would depend what ancestor we were talking about, but for some, seeing the first airplane would have been something they could probably never imagine... can you imagine.. this big heavy plane, actually in the air like a bird.  The modes of travel would have changed... from horse and buggy to trains and cars...  Also, they would have seen electricity. They would have had gas lamps, gone from that to electricity lighting our homes.
Having a TV would have been so different for them... and radio's too., and not to mention
the first telephone.

TV's started out just black and white... I remember having one in our house.
They looked like a big box on the floor, with a screen of course. :)
I can remember having one... I also remember my dad being at the club and coming home
talking about a colour TV that they just got there.  Oh, he was so excited... to be able to
watch it in actual colour...

Seeing a colour television ( and owning some ) is also some of the changes I have seen.

I remember when I was young, I had my own record player... it looked similar to this
I would play my LP's
I also played my single's on there too.
I remember my first single... my dad bought it for me..
it was called Little Arrow's and sung by Leapy Lee
 
 
 

I also remember having 8 tracks
From that, we went to cassette tapes
and then CD's
 

My family owned a TV, and one of those old fashioned floor record players.. it was also
a radio..

Do I like / dislike technology... I love it, although, I do feel It can be used for good or bad.
I mean, look what we have nowadays... there's computers, and tablets etc.
We can facetime with others, and actually see them and talk to them.
We love to facetime with our son and his family.... they live in the United States, and get to see them and talk to them... its pretty awesome.
My son at Christmas did facetime with us, and we could see them all open up their
pressies from us... I loved it. We could see how big the children are getting, see
the babies crawl around, we love it.

I was talking with my husband about this, and it makes us wonder what's next?
I mean... we can put a man on the moon, something even my grandparent's couldn't
imagine...
My children when they were little, loved a show called The Jetsons... there were flying cars
etc on this cartoon... I think, its quite possible that could happen.
Technology is moving at such a fast pace... I'm just glad I'm still here to see some of it.....

No comments:

Post a Comment