Saturday, December 28, 2013

The Book of Me.... Written by You... Prompt 18


First Present or Gift
Can you remember it?
Who bought it for you?
Do you still have it?
Pictures or a description
Other special gifts?

Try as I might.... I can't really remember Christmas at home..
I do remember that my Mum ( step mum )would make homemade soup, and I think a mince round or steak pie, with mashed potatoes etc,, for our dinner.

The gift I do remember was a timex watch.... I don't remember how old I was, but I think I was around 12 years old.
I remember how special I felt to get a gift that was ( in my eyes ) so expensive.
It made me feel grown up, and I couldn't believe that it was for me.

I don't have it anymore, although I wish I did... it would be a reminder of simpler times... happy times.

I also remember getting selection boxes... those were the best thing for my sweet tooth.

I would get around 3... one from my parents,.. one ( I think ) from my Aunt Helen and Uncle Jimmy, and I cant remember who the third one was from...
I wonder if they still give each selection boxes at Christmas in Scotland ?

No comments:

Post a Comment