Monday, December 23, 2013

The Book of Me... Written by You... Prompt 17


This week’s (week 17) prompt is – Toys & Games

Can you remember your first toy, or game?
Do you still have it?
Who did you play with?...
Did you play board games?
Have you inherited any of your family games & toys?



I already wrote about this, but will copy and erase the old one...

When I was young, we had lots of games we played...
Double Dutch ropes, Rounders.. most of our games were outside playing..

 
We also played elastics.... they were all tied together.
They would go around our ankles, and boy did they sting when they snapped on you..

...we also has mottars or scraps as we called them.
You would find an old book and the mottars or scraps were kept in between the pages... I loved the glittery ones or the angels. They came in all different sizes, and you would trade or buy to get the whole set.
 Ring, bang, scoosh was another favourite. All it was, you would ring the doorbell and run like the dickens after..  :)
 The boys also played something we called bools, (marbles )
 
I remember having a baby doll, or a Sindy doll, which was just like a Barbie..

I also had a till ( cash register )
Had hours of fun with it...
I had paper dolls too... we would cut them out and cut the clothes out also to put on the dolls, had hours of fun using our imagination..
Board games I remember..are... well, I remember playing Mouse Trap with a friend...she had got the game for Christmas.
 
I played jacks
and Tiddlywinks
 
Ahhhh... the memories.... these really were the good ol' days

No comments:

Post a Comment