Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The Book of Me... written by you... Prompt 14

This week's prompt is Special People
What 12 ancestors would you invite to a dinner party.
This week you CAN include family
What meals would you serve and why?
Can include the recipes or photo's of what you would cook





Now this one is easy... the problem is, I have too many people that I want to invite...YIKES


First off, since Christmas is my favourite time of the year, this would be what I really love, a real family get together for the holidays.   I have always wanted lots of family around, and haven't really had it... just thinking about this makes me feel excited.


I would have my Dad .. I would love to see him again... I would hug him and tell him ( again ) how much I love him. It would be so great to talk to him about every wee thing..  I would tell him how sorry I was that I wasn't able to be there to say goodbye
My Dad's mother died , when my dad was like a week old, so he never knew her...I would love to meet her, so she would be here also..my Grandmother.
I would ask her to tell me her memories growing up... how did she meet my grandfather? Did she love Christmas like me ?   I have something else that I would say, but only when everyone is here..
There would be my grandparents on the other side... My Grandmother who's name is also Norah, and my Grandfather Tom.  I never really knew them much, but my Grandmother I heard was the life of a party, what fun she would be...and my grandfather with his smiley eyes.. I would tell them to make themselves at home. I heard they liked my dad, so I can imagine them all talking together, getting to know each other better again.. 
 
My Aunt Helen would then arrive, anxious to see her Mother, and also her brother ( my dad )... and then my Gr Grandfather Patrick O'Brien would come.  I would ask him about his time in service, and how it was for his family , for him to be gone.
Just then the doorbell would ring, and in would walk my grandfather's brother...my Gran Cathy Newman, and behind her..my Uncle Gordon.
The atmosphere would be merry, and noisy with everyone talking and enjoying each other.
Next my brother Andrew would arrive... I would thank him for calling me when he did, just to tell me he loves me..
I know my heart would be full.... family is important, isn't it?
We would decorate the tree, and talk and talk....
The doorbell would ring once again, and in would walk my Uncle George ( my dad's brother ), My Mum, and my Grandfather David Newman.
I would feel happy with so much family around me...
I would have a table that was big enough to seat us all... of course, I would do a traditional Christmas dinner...

 
and lots of desserts
And while we were enjoying being together and talking...I would ask them if they were proud of me... have I turned out they way they would expect..... I would then bring out my family...my husband, and my 4 children and Elisha my daughter in law... my 8 grandchildren and Chad , my granddaughter's husband to be, and also my 2 Great Grandchildren... MY FAMILY..it would be their first time to meet them ( or most of them )
Family is important...  what a celebration this would be
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. It sounds fantastic. I like the idea of having our family there to meet them. sort of makes me teary just thinking about if this was possible.

    ReplyDelete