Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The Book of Me... Written by You... Prompt 15

This week’s prompt is – Snow!

Do you live in area where you routinely have snow?
How old were you when you first saw snow?
Do you remember it?...
Did you make snowmen?
Throw Snowballs
Sledge Rides
What is the image that first came to mind when you read snow?
What does snow
feel like,
smell like
how do you see snow
 
 
I was born and grew up in Scotland.... and yes, we get snow there.
...  I remember walking to school, and of course we wear school uniforms there, so it was COLD !! It would be icy and slippy... a terrible walk there and back.
Its also a damp cold in Scotland, the get right to your bones kind of cold... is it crazy that I miss it ??
 
I don't really remember making snowmen, but throwing snowballs would be a favourite pastime , especially for the boys.  
We were always told at school to stop throwing snowballs, incase someone gets hurt, and someone did.
A boy in my class got hit in the eye with a snowball, and there was a rock in it.... he lost his eye because of that.  I can still remember his name too... funny..I don't remember what I ate for lunch yesterday
I also remember going sledging... such fun, especially with friends.
Port Glasgow is hilly... you are either walking up the hill to go somewhere, or down, so no problem finding somewhere to slide :)
 
Here is Port Glasgow in Winter time...although, I don't know what year this was.. but I LOVE this picture.... feeling nostalgic, especially for simpler times.
This is in 2010
 
 
I live in Canada now... so still lots of snow here.  I love snow...I don't like extreme cold, but snow is lovely.  
 
and, we have had LOTS already this year... its a dry cold we get here in Western Canada..
 
The first thing that comes to mind when I read the word snow... is sitting inside with no lights on ,except Christmas tree lights, with a hot chocolate in hand and a lovely warm blanket, watching the huge snowflakes fall outside... I do love snow ~
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment