Sunday, September 7, 2014

The Book of Me... Written by You... Prompt 54

This week's prompt is - School Trips
  • Did you go on any school trips?
  • Where did you go?
  • Memories and trinkets of those special days?
Another one to make me think, which would be okay, if only my
memory was better...

Yes, I know I went on some school trips, but the only one that I can
remember was going to see a boat being launched.
It is such an awesome experience to go there, and to see this massive ship
towering over you. I remember the excitement there, with all my school
mates, and the teachers ( of course )
I don't remember the name of the ship, or anything else about it, but
can remember the bottle of ( I assume champagne ) getting hit on the
side of the ship, and everyone yelling out ( like a hooray ) and the ship
slowly moving into the water.  
It was exciting to see..

And in her own words :
 
Fantastic photo of the launch of the Comet in 1962. I guess Health and Safety were not around then when you look at where all the folk were standing to get a good view!!! I remember I was on the edge of the dock and there was no barrier in front of us! Port Glasgow had a marvellous day and evening celebrating this event. The whole town came out to support it and I can still remember the massive buzz there was then.
Avril Braidwood


I will have to add more as I remember

No comments:

Post a Comment