Friday, March 7, 2014

The Book of Me... Written by You... Prompt 28

This week's prompt is - Parents

  • Names / Nick Names
  • Where were they from?
  • Where were they born? - 
  • Were they migrants? Born somewhere else from where they were living
  • How did they meet?
  • Photos
  • Anything you want to share about your parents

My Father's name is Archibald McLeod Newman, and my Mother's name
is Patricia O'Brien McCulloch, but they were called Archie and Pat.

My dad was born in Greenock, Scotland, and my Mum was born in Dundee, Scotland
They lived in Dundee until they broke up, when my dad moved back to
Greenock, my mum moved to England, and then to South Africa..

I think my dad was in Dundee working, he must have found a job there, and of
course met my mum while there.
I don't know exactly how they met, but I wish I did.
They were married when my dad was 23 years old, and my mum was 18 years old.

Some pictures of my mum



 
and some photo's of my dad
 



 
My Dad passed away at my brother Andrew's home on May 14th,1988,
he was only 57 years old.
I don't think I will ever stop missing him.
His birthday is coming up on March 11th..
He was the youngest child in his family.. his twin ( a girl ) died
after she was born.. there were 8 other siblings ( 2 of
which also died young )
 
My Mum was born on the 15th January...she passed away
at home July 5th, 2004, she was 68.
she lived in South Africa at that time.
My mum had 3 older brothers, and one younger brother, so
was the only girl in her family.
I'm sure my grandmother must have been overjoyed
to finally have a girl :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment