Thursday, October 3, 2013

The Book of Me, Written by You... prompt 5

I'm doing this one a wee bit late..
Here is prompt 5..
Your Childhood Home..
When did you leave home?
Where was it?
Where did you move to?
Was it rented or owned? – with parents/Grandparents
Was it inherited
What was it like – describe it – each room.
Were there a favourite room?
Is there anything you particularly remember from the house?
Pictures
The road & area


I didn't have per say a childhood home.
When my parents split, we lived in Dundee ( Scotland ) ... my dad moved us to where his family lived, which was in Greenock ( Scotland ), and we stayed with his parents...my grandparents.
We lived at 11 Belville Avenue..
I loved living here... my grandmother was always so kind to me...
I remember a small hallway to the living room, and the kitchen was off the living room.
We lived on the bottom floor , on the left hand side of this tenement building...
My grandmother, always had a blue budgie called Peter Pan, and its cage was in front of the window.
My Uncle David still lived at home, when we were here.// I remember that I would hide under the table and jump out to scare him... only thing is, I did it every day, but he always acted scared anyway :)
My Father re married when I was about 7yrs old
At that time we moved to Port Glasgow, and we lived at 18 Kelburn Terrace..
This picture isn't the exact building...
We lived on the top floor on the left hand side of the tenement building.
I remember having to walk all the way up to the top.. there would be daddy long legs on the stairs... not lots, but I am so afraid of bugs ( even now ) so it has always stuck in my memory.
The living room had a coal fire.. but the back went into the kitchen to one of those black stoves.  The kitchen was a fair size... I remember my bedroom feeling cold, but it was also a big room.
After here, we moved to another home... the only way I can describe it is it would have been like a 4 plex
The address for it was 28 Pleasantside Avenue...funny how I can remember all these address's, but cant remember what I did 2 days ago...

This is the street, but where I lived is no longer there.... how sad..
It was a lovely wee street...  the home was nice, and more modern than the last place we lived.
I had a lot of friends, and attended High School from here.
I also left here ( not because I wanted to ) to be on my own, although not at first..... I lived with friends, and then moved to England to be a Nanny, after that to Canada...
Looking back on these homes makes me feel so nostalgic... the memories... the happy times...it makes me thankful for my roots, my family... so thankful ~

No comments:

Post a Comment