Saturday, August 2, 2014

Letter to my Gran

Hi Gran... its been so long since I've talked to you... doing this now brings tears to my eyes. You see I've been wanting to say thank you to you, and I now I am..  Thank you Gran for being the kind, wonderful lady you were. Thank you for marrying my Grandad, and in doing so , you took on a big family. My dad being the youngest was only about 9 years old at the time, but he never knew his mum, as she died after giving birth to him and his twin, ( who also died ), so you were the only mother he knew. My dad's brother's and sisters knew their mum, it would have been such a sad time for them.  I always felt your love.... always !! You were my gran... you loved me , there was no mistake about it. You know I miss you so much, I wish you were here to hug.. I wish I could tell you to your face, all that I'm feeling. I'm trying to work on your family tree, and hope that makes you happy... I wish you could help me ... help me to fill in all the missing pieces. I'm doing this for you because I love you. You never had any children of your own, but how loved you were  You were an extraordinary lady, who taught me so much. So glad I got to live with you for awhile.. I hope you're proud of me... by the way Happy birthday today.. I love you to the moon and stars and back... x x

 I just felt that I wanted to write a letter to my Gran tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment