Thursday, May 7, 2015

Happy Mother's Day to my two Mum's


As its Mother's Day this coming Sunday, I have decided to write about my mum
and my step mum.....
I don't know why I feel nervous doing this, but here goes.

My Mum ( Patricia McCulloch ) was only 18 years old when she married my Dad..
3 months later she turned 19 years old.  I was born the following December.

Things about my mum that I am thankful for......

... For giving me birth
....For accepting the phone call when Ken called ( after he woke poor Anne up...
sorry Anne )
....For giving me more memories when she came to visit


.....For telling me she loved me

.....For telling my siblings about me, so that I could also be in touch with them
This is just 2 of them..I'm in the middle  :)

.....For taking me to Dundee so I could meet that side of my famuly

A Letter to my Mum :

Dear mum, ever since I had been young, I had always wondered about you..I
am so grateful that I was able to find you.
Never in my wildest dreams did I think that I could ever meet you,
But..... I did !!!
Everyone told me that I look like you, although I cant see it
too much.. Tricia for sure looks like you.
You told me that you had always wondered about us as well.
I hope you weren't disappointed when we met..
Its going to be Mother's day this coming Sunday,
you're not here anymore for me to call and wish you a 
Happy Mother's Day, so I am telling you here instead.
I hope you  can feel my love from Heaven.
I wish you were here so I could talk to you about things
in my own life.
I wish so much
Sending big hugs to you
Happy Mother's day
I Love You
.................................................................................

My Step Mum was Bridget Keyes , but she was called Bridie.
I called her Mum....

Things I am Thankful for :

.....I am thankful she chose to take on a family that wasn't her own
.....for her love
.....for her acceptance

A letter to her :

Dear Mum,
How lucky am I ? I had two mum's, although growing up
I only really knew you.
I would be amiss if I didn't say thank you to you for everything.
I know at the end things weren'r as good as maybe
it should have been, but I always loved you..I hope
that it was the same for you.
I love you still...
If you were still here I would want to contact you to wish
you a Happy Mother's Day, but instead, I am
sending my wishes for you to Heaven.
Along with my wishes, I am sending lots of love.
Happy Mother's Day Mum
................................................................................

Mother's day is for this moment to have the courage
to let everything.... just be.........
I hope I have the courage...
Somewhere in this world there will be someone just like me..
Its okay to have a cry in the shower, where the
tears can be washed away

I choose ( no matter how hard ) to be happy
this day... no matter what...
HAPPY MOTHER"S DAY










No comments:

Post a Comment